The following clip demonstrates how old bicycles are renewed by R4K, a partner of VNF, then delivered to poor students in Vietnam.
6th of August, 2021
Dear friends, members and supporters,
We sincerely hope that you and your family are safe and well during the worsening COVID-19 pandemic around Australia.
It is tough everywhere, and right now the situation in Vietnam is very grim. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused so much human and economic damages and suffering in Vietnam. Thousands of people are being hospitalised and have died, and the daily number of infected cases is still increasing exponentially.
All those deemed to be ‘close contacts’ (designated as F1 in Vietnam) are being quarantined in make-shift centres, and thousands are without adequate masks, sanitisers, blankets and food. Poor people infected with COVID-19 cannot get to the hospitals due to a severe lack of free emergency vehicles operated by local charities such as our partners. The hospital system is overwhelmed, with doctors, nurses and staff exhausted and unable to cope due to the severe shortage of health-grade PPE, medication, consumables and medical equipment.
Saigon is the epicentre of the current pandemic surge, with surrounding towns and cities also severely impacted.
As the needs are so overwhelming and desperate, we cannot wait. Our charity partners in Vietnam are in the thick of the relief work, supporting quarantined centres and hospitals. Right now they are doing all they can around the clock to deliver PPE, food, basic medication, and to provide free emergency transport to poor close contacts and infected people to make-shift quarantine centres and hospitals. Vietnam Foundation has been supporting these partners with our own limited funds.
But it is not enough. So today we are launching our urgent Vietnam COVID-19 Appeal to seek your help in this mammoth task.
In this hour of need, please dig deep and donate to this appeal by one of the following methods:
VNF Vietnam Relief Fund
CBA Bank: 062 334 11559666
(Please provide your full name and email address for receipt)
Click on the link below for no-fee PayPal Giving Fund donation
On VNF Website:
Click on https://vietnamfoundation.org.au/donation-bequest/ for donation by PayPal, Bank transfer or by Cheque.
All the monies from your tax-deductible donations will be used to support our local partners in all the above COVID-19 relief works to reduce infections, provide basic medication, food and PPE in quarantined centres and hospitals in Saigon and surrounding hot-spots .
All donations will be acknowledged, and receipts will be issued for taxation purpose.
Thank you for joining us in extending a helping hand to the people of Saigon and surrounding red zones in their most difficult time.
Lý Gia Nhẫn
VNF partners in Saigon: Hành-Trình-Yêu-Thương group provides free transport to the patients and Chung-Tay-Vì-Cộng-Đồng group supplies free grocery in their zero-dollar shop.
With great pleasure, we present to you the VNF newsletter for April 2021
Towards the end of 2020, seventeen (17) water vats with capacity of 2600 litre each were donated by VNF to the hamlet of My Thanh of Giong Trom district in Ben Tre province. In the last few years, residents in My Thanh hamlet have been increasingly facing the severe shortage of drinking water due to the encroachment of salt water into fresh groundwater supplies. It has worsen the poverty already existed in the area with badly needed money being used to purchase drinking water and extra time and labour devoted to securing usable water. The donated water vats have alleviated many problems for the lucky recipients.
In 2020, 300 rainwater vats, with 1000-litre capacity each, were fabricated and delivered to families in Commune My Lan, a poor and remote area in Kien Giang Province, which has no access to clean water. This has been identified as one of the most common causes of gastro and skin diseases in rural Vietnam.The total cost of this project was $16,127.52.
- 2023 Recycled Bicycles Project Appeal 28/05/2023
- e-Newsletter 13/03/2023
- Build A Future 12/12/2021
- Final Covid Appeal Update 10/12/2021
- Covid Appeal Update 11/10/2021
- Recycled Bicycles Video 12/08/2021
- Vietnam Covid Appeal 10/08/2021
- VNF Newsletter April 2021 03/05/2021
- Water Vats for Ben Tre 30/04/2021
- Water Vats 2020 27/04/2021
- Rebike4kids 21/01/2021
- Another Update on Flood Appeal 21/01/2021
- Flood Appeal Update 19/11/2020
- Update to Flood Appeal 29/10/2020
- Flood Appeal October 2020 15/10/2020
- Son Thuan Bridge 13/01/2020
- VNF Recycled Bicycles Program for 2019 03/06/2019
- New Kênh Cùng bridge for Xà Phiên village 22/11/2018
- New Xà Phiên bridge, in Hậu Giang 03/09/2018
- NEW APPEAL FOR RECYCLED BICYCLES PROJECT 2018 20/05/2018
- ‘Saigon Through The Years’ symposium 13/03/2018
- Tân Thiết Bridge 01/02/2018
- A Successful Fund Raising Night 04/10/2017
- Current Appeal for Recycled Bicycles Project 2017 18/05/2017
- Hương Sen Kindergarten 06/05/2017
- Essay Competition 2016 08/04/2017
- Recycled Bicycles Project 2016 08/04/2017
- Tô Hiệu Primary School 10/03/2017
- World Festival of Vietnamese Traditional Music 2015 30/04/2015
- Dawn of the Mountain Forest 28/01/2015
- Mái Ấm Tình Thương orphanage 16/09/2014
- Sounds of the Motherland 15/09/2014
- Trà Thọ school 15/09/2014
- Recycled Bicycles 2012-2013 16/07/2014
- Hòa Thạnh Bridge 16/12/2013
- Tài Tử Music and Paris 1900 World Exposition 16/12/2013
- ‘Tuổi Xanh nào cho Em’ Dinner 06/10/2013
- Arts of Việt Nam 1009-1945 17/06/2013
- East meets West Music 17/12/2012
- Sanitation For Daklak Hill Tribes 16/03/2012
- New bridges for rural Bình Thuận 15/12/2011
- Tim Aline Rebeaud’s “Village Chance” 16/06/2011
- Nam Đồng Care Centre for disabled children 16/12/2010
- Phong Mỹ Kindergarten 15/12/2010
- Kim Đồng primary school 15/06/2010
- Mái Ấm Hồng Ân Orphanage 15/05/2010
- An Khánh Primary School 17/03/2009
- Heifers for Sóc Trăng farmers 16/01/2009
- Rest house for carers at Tam Nông hospital 15/02/2007
- New Classroom for Đồi Mỹ Primary School 15/12/2006
- Control of wave erosion in Mekong river Delta 15/09/2003
- Cà Lúi primary school 15/10/2002
- Corrective Surgery for Handicapped children 15/02/2002
- Gò Ngãi primary school 15/02/2000
- Scholarships for Cần Giờ students 12/03/1999