Tô Hiệu Primary School at Đak Ngô Village, Tuy Đức District, Đak Nông Province was created out of Kim Đồng Primary School in early 2011. At the time, the newly created school had 400 students from Year 1 to Year 5 in 14 classes with 7 classrooms, of which
- three were built by Vietnam Foundation in 2010
- two were built by local government and
- two were temporary, of timber construction, built by parents
In December 2012, Vietnam Foundation agreed to support the building of 2 new classrooms to replace the 2 temporary classrooms built by parents. The funding arrangement was:
- Vietnam Foundation contributed 324 Million VN Dong (about AUD 15,000) toward the cost of classrooms construction
- Parents and local people contributed ground preparation work (about VND 23 Million), and
- Local authority gave exemption to all taxes.
Construction was completed and the new classrooms used since early 2013. The Official Opening Ceremony was on 17 December, 2015.
On this occasion, a delegation consisting of 12 Vietnam Foundation members attended and raised VND 17 Million ($AU1,000) to provide 25 scholarships to the students of the school.